How to do Flying Crow Pose
⭐️ A tutorial on a variation of Crow Pose, or Bakasana. Please make sure that your core muscles & wrists are well warmed up before do Flying Crow Pose ❤️
How to do Flying Crow Pose:
1. * Begin in either Downward Facing Dog, or Plank pose.
* Keep the arms strong, & bring the right knee to the right elbow, at the base of the triceps muscle
2. * Push your weight forwards by coming up on the tip toes of the left foot
* By shifting the weight forwards, your arms should now be bending towards a right angle, making a ‘shelf’ for the right knee
* Rest the right knee just above the right elbow
* There should be a little ‘dip’ you can feel that you can anchor your knee in. Doing this also means that you are ‘stacking’ the bones of your lower arm & your shin making the weight easier to support
3. * Look at a point on the mat, in front of your hands
* Continue leaning your weight forwards. You may need to lean forwards more than you think you do!
* Your arms should now be a right angle shape
* Engage the core strongly, & extend through the back leg to fly it
4. * Really grip the mat with your fingers & adjust all the time with your hands to keep the balance
* Reach the back leg up, & back
* The core is strong – Pull your navel back towards your spine
* Keep the elbows hugging in towards each other, hug the right foot in towards your hips, & keep the shoulders broad.